A head start on your future.
Internships and co-ops are opportunities. You get the chance to improve your knowledge base, advance your career and meet people from across the country. We get the chance to get to know you and demonstrate what Burns & McDonnell has to offer. Every year, more than 300 students — freshmen through graduate students — join our team to tackle projects around the country. You'll jump right in, learn about our culture and get to know what employee ownership means. Explore the benefits and get to know the distinctive company culture that sets us apart.
Our formula is simple: hire the best people, find out what they enjoy and are great at, and help them succeed.
You’ll fit right in.
- A designated mentor to help with the transition from classroom to project work or to ask technical, professional or personal questions.
- Lunch-n-Learns with leaders about industries, clients and projects to help you find your best fit within the company.
- Networking opportunities with people who want to share their knowledge and help you find your best career opportunity and learn along the way.
- Senior program to prepare you to transition from school to job.
- Opportunities to meet people from across the country and build your network.
- Community service opportunities through a designated philanthropy project.
- Social events like bowling, baseball games, barbecues and more.
- The potential for a job after graduation — if the fit is right.
Ideal candidates for entry-level and internship positions have:
- Campus/community involvement
- Solid communication skills and the ability to work well in teams
- Previous internship experience
- A strong work ethic