Our team had a ball participating in the local American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC) basketball tournament.
Located in the Land of 10,000 Lakes, Burns & McDonnell's Minneapolis-St. Paul office was established to serve our upper Midwest clients. Strong sectors of the area's economy such as manufacturing, biotechnology and agribusiness allow Burns & McDonnell to deliver a variety of engineering, construction and building commissioning services to the local marketplace to help make our upper Midwest clients successful.
The Minneapolis office specializes in:
- Aviation facilities and infrastructure
- Design-build construction
- Distributed energy resources and on-site energy facilities
- Electrical transmission and distribution
- Environmental services, including resource recovery and solid waste, and environmental studies and permitting
- Federal and military design and planning
- Fire protection and code consulting
- Food and consumer products
- Mission critical facility solutions
- Water and wastewater design
Minnesota Business magazine has ranked Burns & McDonnell as one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in the state in 2013-17.
The Star Tribune recognizes what our employee-owners already knew: Burns & McDonnell is a great place to work! We're proud to rank among the best workplaces in the state for the fifth straight year.
The Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal ranks the top engineering firms in the region. We're proud to be #15 on the 2015 list. See where else we rank.
Want to know what makes Burns & McDonnell a great place to work? Great Rated!, the organization behind the rankings used by Fortune magazine, shares details about what our people say and do that puts us on the list. Read more
Client success is one of our driving principles, and so we’re proud to be a seven-time recipient of PSMJ’s Premier Award for Client Satisfaction. Learn more about what that means
Since 2015, our team has participated in the ride against Multiple Sclerosis in the Twin Cities Ride and MS150 Ride.
The metro chapter of the American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC) named the office its Firm of the Year, an honor we're proud to receive.
The office team demonstrated a hands-on HVAC system and passed out kid-friendly hard hats at Tech Fest — a STEM education event — sponsored by a local children's museum.
Ben Franklin Readiness Center - Arden Hills Army Training Site
Resilient and Energy Efficient National Guard Readiness Centers
Global Experience, Local Presence: SW Minnesota Wind Transmission Upgrade
- Zero Waste Plan
- Ben Franklin Readiness Center - Arden Hills Army Training Site
- Transfer Station Facility
- Solid Waste Management Plan & MRF Retrofit
- NOvA Far Detector
- Southwest Transmission Upgrade
- FDA Research Center White Oak
- Cambridge Energy Center Unit 2
- Commercial Interior Tenant Commissioning
- Fire Protection System Conversion