Addressing complex environmental challenges takes a well-planned, transparent approach to overcome them safely and cost-effectively. When new regulations — local, state or federal — mandate cleanups or require a new permitting or compliance effort, you can draw on our experience to create the solutions you need. You can rely on our professionals to guide you to your desired results using proven, cost-effective strategies. Our focus on safety and regulatory compliance provides successful outcomes for your projects throughout their life cycle. Our primary responsibility is to help you successfully achieve your goals with no surprises along the way.
As an engineering firm specializing in permitting, compliance and remediation with experience designing, building and commissioning projects in every industry, from power generation to oil and gas, transportation to manufacturing, we’re well-suited to manage your environmental needs. We know what it takes to address and comply with the mounting rules and regulations necessary for planning, building, operating and maintaining your assets.
Addressing Details From Permitting to Closure
Our team of purpose-driven professionals can help you transition smoothly from one stage to the next, carefully planning to make the best use of your dollars.
Our services touch every phase of your project or facility’s life cycle.
- Planning: We start with studies and permitting services that allow you to successfully execute initiatives of all sizes. Whether you require construction and operating permits, public involvement, environmental studies and archaeological assessments or right-of-way acquisition and land use permits, our experienced team knows what it takes to help you achieve and maintain regulatory compliance.
- Operations: Our team can help you maintain facility compliance and protect your employees, customers and communities with sound environmental health and safety (EHS) programs. We help you develop a comprehensive compliance program to address the ever-changing regulatory landscape, including due diligence, compliance audits, industrial hygiene and sustainability programs.
- Remediation: Each site in need of remediation is different, so your approach, strategies and implementations must be based on a careful and complete understanding of site conditions and media, contaminants, regulatory drivers and corporate goals. We integrate the most current technologies and processes, sound geological modeling — including environmental sequence stratigraphy (ESS) — and optimized system designs to successfully, safely and cost-effectively implement your solutions — on even the most complex contaminated site.
- Decommissioning and demolition: When a facility is slated for closure, it’s a complex process. To avoid safety risks and costly future maintenance, you need a partner to help safely and efficiently isolate, decontaminate, decommission and demolish your obsolete facilities. We can manage every aspect of the project from planning, permitting, bid document development to remediation and closure within your schedule and budget goals. We routinely provide these services for power plants, as well as turnkey services and professional oversight during demolition activities.
- Site closure and redevelopment: When your plan is to sell or redevelop a property with environmental challenges, our team can help you complete the necessary environmental assessment, remediation and permitting activities to assure potential buyers of a property’s future options.
Environmental Project Delivery
In the face of an environmental challenge, you don’t want to juggle contacts, contracts and multiple consultants. You want the job done, and you want it done right. You also want it done on time, on budget, with no surprises. Our team gives you a single point of contact for a wide variety of services and deliverables — all backed by professionals who can handle everything, from start to finish.
Our experience delivering environmental projects includes work using a range of project delivery methods and contract types. We are ready to work with you to find a solution that will meet your needs:
- Engineer-Procure-Construct (EPC)/Design-Build: Ideal for fast-track projects; provides turnkey benefits with one point of contact, reduced owner risk, shortened project schedules, increased cooperation, lower staffing needs and enhanced design and construction innovation.
- Design-Bid-Build: Provides greater flexibility and control to leverage competitive bidding; avoids change orders; delivers a firmer known project cost before construction begins.
- Owner’s Engineer: Provides due diligence to see that the project and services you’ve contracted for meet your specifications.
- Construction Management: Puts our team in place to plan, coordinate and control execution of your project, from environmental needs to the entire job, including translation of permits, plans and designs into a completed project.
- Program Management: Develops a partnership to address your individual situation, whether addressing major revisions to the Clean Air Act or Clean Water Act or other rules and regulations; our team integrates with yours and reviews requirements, comes up with a plan and delivers a solution that can address every project component, including planning, design, construction, contracts, safety programming, agency coordination and public relations.