Whether you call it design-build or EPC (engineer-procure-construct), we will manage your project from conceptual design through post-construction phases.
We are ranked by Engineering News-Record in the top 10 percent of the leading 500 U.S. design firms and the top third for the leading design-build/EPC firms overall.
Demonstrated Design-Build Experience
Our history demonstrates success in design-build/EPC delivery for our clients in the power, process, aviation, infrastructure and commercial industries. Our selected design-build staff understands the duties and responsibilities required to successfully implement all engineering, procurement, construction, safety, quality, administration, technical inspections and management portions of the projects. Our construction professionals are experienced in multiple subcontracts, fast-track, complex design-build/EPC projects.
Benefits of Integrated Project Delivery
Having a fully integrated engineering and construction team working together under one roof is the best of both worlds. It eliminates communication problems between designers and contractors. Integrated approaches allow for "best field practices" to be incorporated into the design, making the process more efficient over time.
Other benefits include single source responsibility, faster project completion, early known cost, open book team approach, enhanced quality and lower overall project cost.
The partnership created between project owners and our professionals establishes a foundation for the successful, quick, safe and efficient execution of projects. By carefully defining the end product, needs and expectations early in the process, we set shared goals, forming a cohesive bond that is maintained throughout the project.
You May Also Like:
- Factoring Constructability into Offshore Wind Development
- 5 Tips to Manage Cost and Schedule on Gas Main Replacement Programs
- Sustaining the Earth Through Utility Innovations
- Enable Capital Project Success Early With Accurate Cost Forecasting
- How to Blend STEM Knowledge and Experience to Get More Affordable Solutions
- Streamlining the Air Permitting Process on Construction Projects
- SPCC Plans Can Avoid Liabilities, Schedule Risks on Construction Sites
- Early Start on Process Safety Management Smooths Transition to Operations
- Managing the Environmental Handoff: Tips for a Seamless Transition
- Lean Principles Cut Waste from Construction Projects, Build Big Advantages
- Kansas City Business Journal: Announcing the 2019 Capstone Award winners
- Burns & McDonnell Deepens Roots in Chicago, Plans to Double Size of Local Workforce
- Copaken Brooks and Burns & McDonnell Break Ground on REVERB, a Distinctive Crossroads Apartment Building
- Burns & McDonnell Wins Engineering Excellence Award for Turnkey Bridge-Raising Project on Kansas Turnpike
- Engineering News-Record: Shale Gas Fuels U.S. Chemical Plant Construction
- Bill Quatman, of Burns & McDonnell, Receives Design-Build Industry’s Highest Honor
- Power Engineering: Turning Turnover Packages into Tailor-Made Assets on Plant Construction
- EE Online: Chinook Power Station Reaches Important Milestones
- Engineering News-Record: ENR New England Selects 2018 Excellence in Safety Award Winner
- Burns & McDonnell Expands Capabilities in Mid-Atlantic Region
Send Us a Note
Randy Griffin President 816-822-3308