Whether you call it design-build or EPC (engineer-procure-construct), we will manage your project from conceptual design through post-construction phases.
We are ranked by Engineering News-Record in the top 10 percent of the leading 500 U.S. design firms and the top third for the leading design-build/EPC firms overall.
Demonstrated Design-Build Experience
Our history demonstrates success in design-build/EPC delivery for our clients in the power, process, aviation, infrastructure and commercial industries. Our selected design-build staff understands the duties and responsibilities required to successfully implement all engineering, procurement, construction, safety, quality, administration, technical inspections and management portions of the projects. Our construction professionals are experienced in multiple subcontracts, fast-track, complex design-build/EPC projects.
Benefits of Integrated Project Delivery
Having a fully integrated engineering and construction team working together under one roof is the best of both worlds. It eliminates communication problems between designers and contractors. Integrated approaches allow for "best field practices" to be incorporated into the design, making the process more efficient over time.
Other benefits include single source responsibility, faster project completion, early known cost, open book team approach, enhanced quality and lower overall project cost.
The partnership created between project owners and our professionals establishes a foundation for the successful, quick, safe and efficient execution of projects. By carefully defining the end product, needs and expectations early in the process, we set shared goals, forming a cohesive bond that is maintained throughout the project.
You May Also Like:
- Carriage Pavilion Bridge at Union Station
- Northwest Transmission Line
- Battlespace Environment Laboratory - Kirtland AFB
- 9450 Ward Parkway Expansion
- Transmission System Modernization
- Hangar Expansion Program
- Spreads Upgrade
- Iatan Generation Station Unit 2
- Chinook Power Station
- CPV Valley Energy Center
- Applying Modern Data Acquisition for Construction Sites
- Finish Strong: Avoiding Cost and Schedule Overruns in Late-Stage Construction
- Key Factors for Successful Solar Construction
- Optimizing Construction With the Right Mix of Technology and Planning
- The Safety Advantage of Advanced Work Packages
- Break Projects Into Defined Work Packages for Construction Efficiencies
- Moving Toward a Data-Centric Workflow in the Construction Industry
- Potential Risks and Unintended Consequences of the AWP Trend
- Collaborative Contracting Approach Brings Cost and Schedule Efficiency
- Testing the Practical Limits of Mesh Network Technology
- Burns & McDonnell Ranks No. 1 Among Top Design Firms in Colorado and Wyoming
- Burns & McDonnell Posts Solid Performance in 2019 ENR Rankings
- City of Emporia Dedicates Renovated Wastewater Treatment Plant
- Kerrie Greenfelder Elected to Two-Year Term on Society of Women Engineers Board of Directors
- Burns & McDonnell Ranks No. 1 on 2019 List of Top Design Firms in New England
- Engineering News-Record New England: No Slowdown in Sight for Region’s Designers and Contractors
- Tim Carey Selected to Lead Growing Energy Group in Chicago for Burns & McDonnell
- Burns & McDonnell Celebrates Safety Week, Joins Construction Companies Across North America to Strengthen Industry’s Safety Performance
- Burns & McDonnell Awarded EPC Contract to Deliver New Process Steam Facility for U.S. Army Ammunitions Plant in Tennessee
- Parkland Health & Hospital System Selects Burns & McDonnell for Design and Construction Commissioning Services
Send Us a Note
Randy Griffin President 816-822-3308