At its simplest, commissioning (Cx) is a process for verifying that you get what you pay for — trust, but verify.
But more broadly stated, commissioning processes allow a facility owner to document that systems work, materials are as expected, and overall project performance meets defined objectives and criteria.
We have built a commissioning team that specializes in focusing on the key aspects of a facility's design that rank highest in importance with you, the facility owner. We help your project meet your goals. Our experience includes applying commissioning principles to all types of facilities, from commercial real estate to industrial plants.
Commissioning can be applied to new construction, existing projects that were initially commissioned (recommissioning), or existing facilities that were never commissioned (retro-commissioning). It can apply to traditional facilities systems — HVAC, controls and electrical — as well as a range of emerging systems (building envelopes, renewable power, information technology) and nontraditional systems (packaging lines, wastewater treatment and power turbines).
We have an in-depth understanding of how commissioning integrates with sustainable design, including the implementation of measures to qualify for mandatory credits and enhanced commissioning credits under the U.S. Green Building Council's Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) program. Our more than 260 LEED Accredited Professionals cover all design and construction disciplines, helping you take advantage of all relevant opportunities.
Battlespace Environment Laboratory Commissioning
Burns & McDonnell Moves to No. 1 as Nation’s Largest Commissioning Firm on Annual Commissioning Giants Ranking
Technology Bolsters Commissioning of Airflow and Other Comfort Systems
You May Also Like:
- Finish Strong: Avoiding Cost and Schedule Overruns in Late-Stage Construction
- Start Sooner to Get More Out of Security System Commissioning
- Start Sooner to Get More Out of Substation Commissioning
- Generate Efficiency Through Airport Commissioning
- Retro-Commissioning: Why, When and How?
- The Commissioning Process: A Step-by-Step Guide
- Parkland Health & Hospital System Selects Burns & McDonnell for Design and Construction Commissioning Services
- Burns & McDonnell Moves to No. 1 as Nation’s Largest Commissioning Firm on Annual Commissioning Giants Ranking
- Burns & McDonnell Grows Commissioning Team in New Directions
- Burns & McDonnell is Nation's Third Largest Commissioning Firm
- Burns & McDonnell Manager Appointed AIA Commissioning Representative
- Burns & McDonnell Awarded Commissioning Services Contract for New National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency Campus in St. Louis
- Burns & McDonnell Ranks 3rd on 2016 MEP Commissioning Giants Survey
- Burns & McDonnell Offers New Sustainable Design-Build Services
- Burns & McDonnell Ranks 6th on Latest MEP Giants Survey
- Building Operating Management: Think Big Picture, Reduce Fire Protection Costs
Send Us a Note
David Meyers Commissioning Manager 314-682-1549