- Electric Power Generation
- Design-Build for Water & Wastewater Infrastructure
- Green Infrastructure
- Industrial Water & Wastewater
- Master Planning for Water & Wastewater Utilities
- Municipal Water & Wastewater
- Smart Infrastructure
- Wastewater & Stormwater Collection
- Water & Wastewater Program Management
- Water Supply & Distribution
- Federal & Military
- Agencies & Military Branches
- Energy Resiliency
- Environmental Services for Military Facilities
- Foreign Military Sales
- Military Fueling
- Military Master Planning
- Smart Governance
- Air Quality & Noise
- Environmental Engineering
- Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Compliance
- Environmental Studies & Permitting
- Mitigation Banking
- Natural & Cultural Resources
- Solid Waste & Resource Recovery
- Stakeholder Management
- Electric Power Generation
- Distributed Energy Resources
- Environmental Compliance for Power Generation
- Fossil Generation
- Plant Improvements
- Power Generation Project Delivery
- Electrical Transmission & Distribution
- Electrical Distribution
- Electrical Transmission
- Electric Utility Cybersecurity
- Grid Modernization
- Routing, Siting & Permitting
- Smart Energy
- Aviation Infrastructure
- Aviation Support Facilities
- Aviation Technology & Security Systems
- Fueling & Ramp Services
- General Aviation
- Passenger Terminals
- Smart Airports
- Building Solutions
- Commercial Buildings
- Manufacturing & Industrial Facilities
- Mission-Critical Buildings
- Chemicals, Oil & Gas
Hydroelectric power is among the oldest reliable power sources, and our experience includes managing large programs for some of North America’s largest utilities. We have a long history working on retrofit programs for aging hydro and pumped storage facilities.
Comprehensive Upgrade Services
To identify, develop and execute a modernization plan for a hydropower facility, your engineering and construction partner must understand the intricacies and nuances of hydro generation. We have experience maintaining reliable, efficient operation while completing upgrades and minimizing downtime to coordinate within existing outage periods. Among our technical areas:
- Mechanical upgrades. We complete analyses, evaluations and assessments for all systems and processes, equipment reviews, technical design, specifications and procurement. We also integrate industry-leading modeling technologies such as 3D laser scanning.
- Electrical upgrades. We guide implementation of new technologies to reduce risk with system replacements and to improve functionality. Our experience includes system studies, protective relay upgrades and confirmation of regulatory compliance.
- Instrumentation and controls. Whether you need a conceptual or budgetary study, a complete control system retrofit, a programmable logic controller (PLC) upgrade or migration, or a single instrument evaluation, we collaborate with you to understand your needs and find the right solution. We assess your systems and the needs of your facilities to determine the right modern equipment to provide optimal operation.
- Civil/structural. Our teams manage multiple aspects of project delivery, including site access design and grading, stormwater collection, arrangement drawings, residual disposal, water supply and discharge, detailed design and structural analysis, 3D modeling, structural evaluations, studies, field engineering, and contract administration.
Flexible Project Execution
We can support the detailed design of your next hydroelectric project, moving it from preliminary design through construction, creating comprehensive and quality design products. We’re familiar with a variety of storage options and have developed designs for small and large hydro projects.
Our engineer-procure-construct (EPC) delivery is ideal for fast-track projects, reducing owner risk and staffing, shortening project schedules, providing a single point of contact, and establishing an environment for design and construction innovation. We leverage long-term relationships with trusted vendors and contractors to keep the project moving.
Program management is an option that supports full integration of our team with yours. We’ll help you coordinate project planning, design and construction services at all stages so you can remain focused on your core business. We work with you to select consultants and subcontractors, administer contracts, track schedules and budgets, assist with labor relations, implement safety programs, coordinate with federal, provincial and local agencies, and manage public relations.