- Design-Build for Water & Wastewater Infrastructure
- Green Infrastructure
- Industrial Water & Wastewater
- Master Planning for Water & Wastewater Utilities
- Municipal Water & Wastewater
- Smart Infrastructure
- Wastewater & Stormwater Collection
- Water & Wastewater Program Management
- Water Supply & Distribution
- Federal & Military
- Agencies & Military Branches
- Energy Resiliency
- Environmental Services for Military Facilities
- Foreign Military Sales
- Military Fueling
- Military Master Planning
- Smart Governance
- Air Quality & Noise
- Environmental Engineering
- Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Compliance
- Environmental Studies & Permitting
- Mitigation Banking
- Natural & Cultural Resources
- Solid Waste & Resource Recovery
- Stakeholder Management
- Electric Power Generation
- Distributed Energy Resources
- Emerging Technologies
- Environmental Compliance for Power Generation
- Natural Gas Generation
- Plant Services
- Electrical Transmission & Distribution
- Aviation Infrastructure
- Aviation Support Facilities
- Aviation Technology & Security Systems
- Deicing & Glycol Recycling
- Electric Aviation
- Fueling & Ramp Services
- General Aviation
- Passenger Terminals
- Smart Airports
- Building Solutions
- Commercial Buildings
- Manufacturing & Industrial Facilities
- Mission-Critical Buildings
- Oil, Gas & Chemicals
- Program Management
Large, complex capital programs can stress the most capable staff, keeping you up at night. A program manager can ease such pressures by integrating with your team as a trusted partner, allowing you to remain focused on your core business. Our program management professionals help you coordinate project planning, design and construction services at all stages.
Our broad experience in the engineer-procure-construct (EPC) delivery — where we essentially do every step in the process, start to finish — of large projects across multiple industries positions us to oversee and manage contractors on EPC projects, advocating for your expectations as the project owner. As your program manager, we help you select consultants and subcontractors, administer contracts, track schedules and budgets, assist with labor relations, implement safety programs, coordinate with government agencies, and manage public relations.
From environmental due diligence to compliance and permitting, and from major electrical transmission initiatives to airport terminal design and construction, we develop practical plans to make timely decisions, always certain to be flexible enough to accommodate modifications when needed.
A Dedicated Team for Capital Projects
Reliability demands, regulations, aging infrastructure and other factors all drive the need for experienced program management professionals. But finding that capability in-house can tax day-to-day operations. Hiring an external program management team can be an effective and cost-efficient solution. Benefits also include:
- Access to a robust team that can do more than any individual, filling diverse roles in areas like project controls, construction management and project management.
- Quick ramp-up to meet immediate needs by eliminating lengthy hiring and training periods, as well as accessing a team’s collective knowledge of technology and best practices gathered on other projects.
- Increased flexibility to tap program management assistance and resources only when necessary, staffing only for the period needed.
Progress Through Processes and Technology
The program management team includes professionals experienced in every aspect of capital project execution, including safety and health, project controls, quality management, contracting strategy, stakeholder management, permitting, and more. We coordinate project details, keep schedules and budgets on track, manage materials, provide clear reporting, and address any government or public interactions.
Our teams use a program management information system (PMIS) to execute every project and program, customizing them to achieve your goals and solve project and program challenges.
A PMIS — which includes comprehensive data, dashboards and software integration to help organize and execute projects — is foundational to the execution of large capital programs. It can help keep projects on schedule and on budget, identifying and addressing challenges like labor shortages and slow supply chains. Advantages of a robust PMIS include:
- Maximizing resource efficiency through use of a single system to streamline pertinent information.
- Dashboards that merge data — such as task statuses, submittal information and change orders — with the current schedule.
- Customized reporting that applies your business rules to flag the things you care most about.
Achieving Program Success
As a project owner, you are often challenged by varied regulations, competing corporate goals and constrained resources. Program management brings critical gains in the form of robust upfront planning to help tame complexity, maximize resources, alleviate labor shortages through consistent work, and reduce construction risk and cost.
Our program management is built to deliver successful projects. Our team is focused on meeting your goals from start to finish, maintaining clear, defined and proactive communication with project owners and other project stakeholders.
Sewer Construction Management & Engineering
Simplifying Program Management for Large-Scale Capital Projects
Burns & McDonnell
Comprehensive data and dashboards through program management can help ease some of the challenges electric utilities face with large capital programs.
Reliability Drives Prioritization for Suite of Program Support Services
Burns & McDonnell
When facing aging infrastructure and increasing urgency to modernize its grid, Public Service Co. of New Mexico needed a comprehensive review of its assets and a plan of action for replacements and upgrades. The resulting 10-year investment program has led to a strong relationship that has fostered support for additional initiatives within the electric utility.