We view safety as the highest priority that extends from the project throughout the corporate levels of the company. For us, safety is not a slogan, it is a value ingrained in our corporate culture. It is a deliverable to our clients in the same way that cost, quality and schedule are deliverables. Our Corporate Safety & Health Program is integrated into our project process. It requires preplanning of work activities to guide implementation of safe work measures.
Our Safety & Health Department leads comprehensive safety training, including courses like the OSHA 10-Hour Construction/General Industry Safety Training, 40-Hour Hazwoper Training, First Aid/CPR, and many other hazard-specific safety training courses. The group is integrated as a function of the safety process and is a key factor to keeping a job on time and within budget.
Zero recordable incidents is always our project goal.
Our Safety Record
Burns & McDonnell's recordable incident rate, as defined by OSHA, compares favorably with the Bureau of Labor Statistics and the Construction Industry Institute (CII) contractor average.
We proudly rank in the top 5% of U.S. contractors in Days Away, Restrictions and Transfers (DART), Total Recordable Incident Rate (TRIR), and Experience Modification Rate (EMR), according to data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics and Lockton Cos.
You May Also Like:
- Collaborative Contracting Approach Brings Cost and Schedule Efficiency
- Where the Tech Are We?
- Safety: An All-Encompassing Force
- Packaging Wrapped in Tech
- Leading the Construction Conversation
- Tomorrow's Tech and Trends for Construction
- Finish Strong: Avoiding Cost and Schedule Overruns in Late-Stage Construction
- Key Factors for Successful Solar Construction
- Moving Toward a Data-Centric Workflow in the Construction Industry
- Potential Risks and Unintended Consequences of the AWP Trend
- Firm Celebrates Safety Week, Joins Construction Companies to Strengthen Safety Performance
- Bill Quatman, of Burns & McDonnell, Receives Design-Build Industry’s Highest Honor
- EE Online: Chinook Power Station Reaches Important Milestones
- Engineering News-Record: ENR New England Selects 2018 Excellence in Safety Award Winner
- Civil + Structural Engineer: Design-Build
- Power Engineering: Safety: People or Processes
- Kansas City Business Journal: Burns & McDonnell helps bring down 10-story tower in just 10 seconds...
- Riverton Power Station Recognized for Zero Injury Safety Record
- Burns & McDonnell Hires Construction Industry Leader to Join Construction/Design-Build Group in New...
- John Maranowicz Joins Burns & McDonnell as Construction Design-Build Leader
Send Us a Note
Randy Griffin President 816-822-3308