- Design-Build for Water & Wastewater Infrastructure
- Green Infrastructure
- Industrial Water & Wastewater
- Master Planning for Water & Wastewater Utilities
- Municipal Water & Wastewater
- Smart Infrastructure
- Wastewater & Stormwater Collection
- Water & Wastewater Program Management
- Water Supply & Distribution
- Federal & Military
- Agencies & Military Branches
- Energy Resiliency
- Environmental Services for Military Facilities
- Foreign Military Sales
- Military Fueling
- Military Master Planning
- Smart Governance
- Air Quality & Noise
- Environmental Engineering
- Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Compliance
- Environmental Studies & Permitting
- Mitigation Banking
- Natural & Cultural Resources
- Solid Waste & Resource Recovery
- Stakeholder Management
- Electric Power Generation
- Distributed Energy Resources
- Emerging Technologies
- Environmental Compliance for Power Generation
- Natural Gas Generation
- Plant Services
- Electrical Transmission & Distribution
- Aviation Infrastructure
- Aviation Support Facilities
- Aviation Technology & Security Systems
- Deicing & Glycol Recycling
- Electric Aviation
- Fueling & Ramp Services
- General Aviation
- Passenger Terminals
- Smart Airports
- Building Solutions
- Commercial Buildings
- Manufacturing & Industrial Facilities
- Mission-Critical Buildings
- Oil, Gas & Chemicals
- Program Management
Reliable power generation is critical to the energy transition.
Varied fuel sources and emerging technology implementations can build reliability into a generation fleet, protecting against market swings, weather interruptions, regulatory evolution and aging equipment challenges. Our project solutions, whether for small upgrades or large generation construction projects, are created with depth of experience. We identify, design and construct systems that meet and exceed expectations, embracing challenging projects and meeting aggressive schedules.
Our self-perform construction capabilities can reduce risk and align your project teams to achieve a smoother path to completion. Our AZCO construction subsidiary also brings extensive pipe prefabrication capabilities that can assist in the management of long-lead construction items. Our shops prefabricate pipe in varied materials, including carbon steel, stainless steel and alloys. Shop capacity is up to 600 spools per week, with just-in-time scheduling to improve safety and cost controls on-site. Our craft team can assemble completed components in the shop, gaining efficiencies in the field.
As the industry plans for plant retirements and builds the bridge to a decarbonized future, we provide integrated services that take you from planning and design through construction and commissioning. As your partner over the long haul of the energy transition, we can help you evaluate, conceptualize and implement strategies for future-proofing your generation mix, whether it’s pairing reciprocating engines with large advanced-class gas turbines or pairing energy storage with solar. Our team can meet you where you are in your decarbonization journey, helping implement solutions that meet your goals and objectives.
Beyond the Basics
We work with you to find successful solutions at every stage of your project life cycle, using whatever source fits appropriately in your generation mix:
- Natural gas. Achieve power reliability in the face of weather events and renewable generation gaps.
- Nuclear. Address the day-to-day challenges of nuclear generation as well as build a nuclear fleet for the future.
- Renewables. Build a diverse portfolio and solve the challenges of balancing the grid.
- Environmental compliance. Navigate the changing regulatory landscape.
- Decarbonization. Solve the challenges of embracing new technologies for carbon capture utilization and storage, hydrogen and more.
Our team includes environmental specialists that guide your compliance programming to meet regulatory requirements efficiently and effectively. We incorporate new technologies to increase efficiencies, improve effectiveness and decrease waste.
Moving your fleet into a decarbonized future can require a range of modifications. We can identify, plan for and execute the full range of plant updates to keep your generation profile up to date: electrical upgrades; instrumentation and control modernization; mechanical plant projects; structural renovations; and synchronous condenser (syncon) implementations — including associated transmission system reinforcement studies, reactive margin studies and short circuit studies. Our new and retrofit syncon experience includes both coal- and gas-fired generation stations, as well as all project phases from design through commissioning and staff training.
Project Delivery, Start to Finish
As a premier engineer-procure-construct (EPC) solutions provider, we achieve top-notch safety, transparency and predictability on your projects. Our integrated design and construction team brings innovation, advanced controls and greater value on faster, more predictable project timelines. Our self-perform construction and prefabrication capabilities bring greater control to project components.
We partner with 1898 & Co. — our business, technology and security consultancy — for a range of planning and project development services, including site selection, generation resource planning, licensor selection, technical advisory services, asset valuations and cybersecurity programming.
We help you build better — whether you’re upgrading an existing coal-fired facility, bringing a community solar field online, adding black start capabilities, building an advanced-class gas generation plant or anything in between. We execute via the contract method that you need to keep your project on track:
- Self-perform construction. Streamlines permitting, engineering and construction using our construction arm or union subsidiary, supporting ownership of the critical path to completion.
- Engineer-procure-construct (EPC): Closely related to design-build delivery but specialized for turnkey completion of major power industry projects, with a focus on flexibility and increased cost certainty.
- Program management: Brings flexibility and accountability to large, complex initiatives, potentially stretching across your generation fleet.
- Construction management: Oversight of construction phase work designed to control cost and schedule beyond normal engineering services.
- Owner’s engineer: Our team is an extension of your staff — seeing that your project meets your needs in the end.