- Design-Build for Water & Wastewater Infrastructure
- Green Infrastructure
- Industrial Water & Wastewater
- Master Planning for Water & Wastewater Utilities
- Municipal Water & Wastewater
- Smart Infrastructure
- Wastewater & Stormwater Collection
- Water & Wastewater Program Management
- Water Supply & Distribution
- Federal & Military
- Agencies & Military Branches
- Energy Resiliency
- Environmental Services for Military Facilities
- Foreign Military Sales
- Military Fueling
- Military Master Planning
- Smart Governance
- Air Quality & Noise
- Environmental Engineering
- Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Compliance
- Environmental Studies & Permitting
- Mitigation Banking
- Natural & Cultural Resources
- Solid Waste & Resource Recovery
- Stakeholder Management
- Electric Power Generation
- Distributed Energy Resources
- Environmental Compliance for Power Generation
- Fossil Generation
- Plant Improvements
- Power Generation Project Delivery
- Electrical Transmission & Distribution
- Electrical Distribution
- Electrical Transmission
- Electric Utility Cybersecurity
- Grid Modernization
- Routing, Siting & Permitting
- Smart Energy
- Aviation Infrastructure
- Aviation Support Facilities
- Aviation Technology & Security Systems
- Deicing & Glycol Recycling
- Electric Aviation
- Fueling & Ramp Services
- General Aviation
- Passenger Terminals
- Smart Airports
- Building Solutions
- Commercial Buildings
- Manufacturing & Industrial Facilities
- Mission-Critical Buildings
- Chemicals, Oil & Gas
Transportation electrification is an emerging market that requires thorough, upfront infrastructure consideration. This necessitates a partner who understands the intricacies of developing a comprehensive plan for electric vehicle (EV) integration into existing systems. Our team has the experience and depth to help you conceptualize, design and execute a plan that meets your goals.
We work with utilities, transit agencies and fleet operators to define and execute a path to transportation electrification that addresses short- and long-term transitions. We understand the challenges associated with large-scale electrification, and we help you determine realistic, sustainable and actionable solutions based on data.
Consulting and Planning for EV Operations
We partner with 1898 & Co. — our business, technology and security solutions consultancy — to provide consulting and planning services for EV financial analysis and rate design, system impact studies, feasibility studies, business intelligence and analytics, spatial applications and route analysis, and business strategy.
This partnership can help transition a fleet to EVs, moving from concept to pilot to full-scale deployment smoothly and efficiently. Converting a bus or other fleet to zero-emission vehicles is a significant undertaking.
This includes understanding emerging mobility trends such as autonomous vehicles (AVs). The implementation of AVs and other new transportation technologies can significantly impact the demand for charging infrastructure. We blend policy, technology and industry knowledge to help define market opportunities and align them with your business goals.
EV Infrastructure for Utilities, Transit Agencies and Fleet Operators
We have professionals experienced in all critical aspects of EV infrastructure:
- Utilities — Our services, in combination with 1898 & Co., include financial analysis for business decisions, long-term rate strategy development, utility coordination to keep projects on schedule, distribution system upgrades, system impact studies, feasibility studies, infrastructure design, business intelligence and analytics systems and processes, route analysis and site selection through spatial software applications, distributed energy resource (DER) integration, and business strategy development.
- Transit agencies and fleet operators — We help determine the financial impacts of potential development, as well as conduct feasibility studies, evaluate route and site options, design charging infrastructure, establish analytics systems and processes, and develop strategic business plans.
Our advanced knowledge of distribution systems helps identify critical path challenges early in the project timeline, supporting on-schedule project progress and maintaining reliable, resilient power to end-users.
Our planning, design and turnkey engineer-procure-construct (EPC) services for distribution systems are designed to equip you with the technology and critical upgrades necessary to support the changing demand curve triggered by large-scale electrification. Our distributed energy resource (DER) strategies address complex grid challenges and result in stronger, more resilient networks.
We provide planning and design services for solar, battery storage, microgrid integration, and distribution automation technology to support your transition to a modern, more sustainable grid. Our comprehensive engineering planning and design services for EV infrastructure installations enable you to support a fleet of 200 vehicles at a central depot or a small number of chargers installed across 100 sites.