- Design-Build for Water & Wastewater Infrastructure
- Green Infrastructure
- Industrial Water & Wastewater
- Master Planning for Water & Wastewater Utilities
- Municipal Water & Wastewater
- Smart Infrastructure
- Wastewater & Stormwater Collection
- Water & Wastewater Program Management
- Water Supply & Distribution
- Alternative Delivery for Transportation
- Ports & Maritime
- Trails & Pathways
- Transportation Planning & Policy
- Federal & Military
- Agencies & Military Branches
- Energy Resiliency
- Environmental Services for Military Facilities
- Foreign Military Sales
- Military Fueling
- Military Master Planning
- Smart Governance
- Air Quality & Noise
- Environmental Engineering
- Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Compliance
- Environmental Studies & Permitting
- Mitigation Banking
- Natural & Cultural Resources
- Solid Waste & Resource Recovery
- Stakeholder Management
- Electric Power Generation
- Distributed Energy Resources
- Environmental Compliance for Power Generation
- Fossil Generation
- Plant Improvements
- Power Generation Project Delivery
- Electrical Transmission & Distribution
- Electrical Distribution
- Electric Utility Cybersecurity
- Electrical Transmission
- Grid Modernization
- Routing, Siting & Permitting
- Smart Energy
- Aviation Infrastructure
- Aviation Support Facilities
- Aviation Technology & Security Systems
- Fueling & Ramp Services
- General Aviation
- Passenger Terminals
- Smart Airports
- Building Solutions
- Commercial Buildings
- Manufacturing & Industrial Facilities
- Mission-Critical Buildings
- Chemicals, Oil & Gas
Solar generation has become common worldwide, but execution of solar projects is complex. While the assembly line nature of photovoltaic (PV) panel installation makes construction appear simple, it also means that a single mistake could be replicated across an entire solar field.
As an engineer-procure-construct (EPC) partner, we work with developers, utilities and independent power producers (IPPs) to plan, design, construct and commission solar generation sites. Our integrated EPC approach eases complex processes by consolidating accountability under a single contract, avoiding the subcontracting challenges of traditional solar construction.
Direct-Hire Construction for Smoother Integrated EPC Projects
Through our union and non-union direct-hire subsidiaries and our wide-ranging project delivery experience, we have the flexibility to control our delivery options and skilled labor resources to meet your project needs. As a team, we self-perform a wide range of civil, electrical, mechanical construction and steel fabrication services throughout the United States, with extensive experience in the power delivery and renewable energy. We share a commitment to safety and customer service, enhancing EPC contracting services.
Whether your project is an expansion or a greenfield design, we have in-house engineering specialists to address the physical, protection and controls, civil, grading and communication design. Your project benefits from our deep experience, from preliminary design through construction drawings and specifications.
Our procurement experience includes meeting requirements for a wide range of private, public and federal sector projects. We leverage our multibillion-dollar buying power and have a rigorous prequalification process for suppliers. Our procurement specialists evaluate all purchases for cost-effectiveness and quality.
We also have extensive experience serving as the owner’s engineer for solar projects, including some of the largest installations in the U.S.
Comprehensive Experience for All Project Stages
As a full-service firm, we also provide the range of services required for every stage of the project, including:
- Environmental. Our team works nationwide to provide routing and siting studies, National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) studies, wildlife, wetland, and cultural resource surveys and studies, sound studies, permitting services, public involvement, land and right-of-way (ROW) management, environmental monitoring, erosion and sediment control, conservation planning, mitigation banking, and other solutions.
- Commissioning. We confirm your renewable resources will function as envisioned, providing a technical approach that supports program-level uniformity and standardization.
- Consulting. Our tailored approach optimizes the quality, reliability, schedule and budget of your projects. Along with our business, technology and security solutions consultancy, 1898 & Co., we support you with everything from economic feasibility studies to site layouts.
- System planning. We evaluate and perform impact studies for all types of renewable projects, supporting both regional transmission organizations (RTOs) and power producers in solutions to address interconnection challenges like reactive compensation, voltage stability and harmonics.
- Project controls. We maintain schedule and budget control through key technology and tools that support our integrated approach to project management. We are able to mitigate risks, monitor critical data and develop successful plans.