- Design-Build for Water & Wastewater Infrastructure
- Green Infrastructure
- Industrial Water & Wastewater
- Master Planning for Water & Wastewater Utilities
- Municipal Water & Wastewater
- Smart Infrastructure
- Wastewater & Stormwater Collection
- Water & Wastewater Program Management
- Water Supply & Distribution
- Federal & Military
- Agencies & Military Branches
- Energy Resiliency
- Environmental Services for Military Facilities
- Foreign Military Sales
- Military Fueling
- Military Master Planning
- Smart Governance
- Air Quality & Noise
- Environmental Engineering
- Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Compliance
- Environmental Studies & Permitting
- Mitigation Banking
- Natural & Cultural Resources
- Solid Waste & Resource Recovery
- Stakeholder Management
- Electric Power Generation
- Distributed Energy Resources
- Emerging Technologies
- Environmental Compliance for Power Generation
- Natural Gas Generation
- Plant Services
- Electrical Transmission & Distribution
- Aviation Infrastructure
- Aviation Support Facilities
- Aviation Technology & Security Systems
- Deicing & Glycol Recycling
- Electric Aviation
- Fueling & Ramp Services
- General Aviation
- Passenger Terminals
- Smart Airports
- Building Solutions
- Commercial Buildings
- Manufacturing & Industrial Facilities
- Mission-Critical Buildings
- Oil, Gas & Chemicals
- Program Management
With every project we plan, design, build and manage, we embrace opportunities to address some of the world’s biggest challenges. Advancing the future of energy through investment and innovation presents unique opportunities. Key to unlocking this potential value is a strong and thorough understanding of existing infrastructure and technologies coupled with a dynamic partner focused on the right solutions to meet your specific goals.
Whether through carbon capture, utilization and storage (CCUS), renewable fuels (renewable diesel or sustainable aviation fuel), low carbon hydrogen, chemical recycling, or a variety of decarbonization initiatives, our teams bring the opportunity for investment and innovation to predictably evolve your vision into a profitable and lasting portfolio.
Technical Experience for All Implementations
Our technology-neutral approach allows us to work closely with varying technology providers to find the solutions that fit your projects. Our team can address all aspects of renewable projects:
- Feedstock preparation and pretreatment. We design new and retrofit pretreatment processes, considering the feedstock properties and requirements to determine the processing required. We understand the importance of getting feedstock handling right for flexibility and operability of your asset and provide the critical support necessary to deliver the correct solution for your application.
- Renewable fuels. Our decades of experience in hydroprocessing and fermentation have translated directly into renewable fuels, ranging from first-generation ethanol to market-leading SAF and renewable diesel projects. We have completed fast-track regulatory installations and complex hydrotreater and hydrocracker revamps from early-phase studies to full EPC projects.
- Renewable chemicals. Working with a variety of technology providers, we help you study, plan and develop your renewable chemicals processes to fit your production objectives, whether you work with bio-based feedstocks or unique fermentation processes. Many of these projects address novel challenges to achieve first-of-a-kind technology implementations, as our team is adept at navigating complications and uncertainties to drive new product pathways from concept to reality.
- Advanced recycling. Innovation and investment are required to create products that allow for efficient reuse of the initial base material through chemical reclamation. Battery recycling and plastic recycling present strong opportunities to minimize consumption of critical minerals while increasing the functional life of in-service material.
- Hydrogen and ammonia. Hydrogen has been identified as a key enabler for decarbonization of the energy industry due to its versatility and potential for complementing clean technologies across multiple sectors. We can be your partner for all aspects of a hydrogen project, from production and distribution to utilization and storage.
- Carbon capture, utilization and storage (CCUS). We offer comprehensive in-house solutions, including geological subsurface analysis; CO2 separation and conditioning process, facility engineering and construction; robust pipeline capabilities; and financial and business consultation.
- Logistics and storage. We understand the logistics considerations for successful delivery and handling of feedstocks, the modes of transportation, and the complexities of blending and storage.
- Wastewater. Renewable facilities produce high volumes of difficult-to-treat wastewater requiring dedicated treatment systems before discharge. We can deliver cost-effective solutions for the treatment of FOG, BOD, COD and solids and other unique water treatment challenges posed by your specific operations.
Grassroots Renewable Diesel
Cloning Design Provides Plug-and-Play Approach for Carbon Capture
Burns & McDonnell
Cloned carbon capture units featuring repeatable design and modular components deliver cost savings and process efficiencies, allowing capture of carbon dioxide.
Cultivate Sustainable Benefits With Renewable Fuels and Chemicals