Electrical Transmission & Distribution
When you need more transmission capacity in challenging environments, we bring the necessary experience and knowledge needed to complete your complex project.
Underground transmission line design is a highly specialized service used to meet unique siting and capacity challenges. We are one of the few firms to offer siting and routing studies, stakeholder management, design, construction management and construction of underground systems. We provide innovative design-build/engineer-procure-construct (EPC) solutions to support underground transmission projects.
We’ve been at the forefront of this complex service, leading new developments and pioneering the installation of groundbreaking projects, such as the first and longest 500-kV underground solid di-electric transmission line in North America. We’ve chartered new territory as the engineer-of-record on many progressive underground transmission projects, including the first large-scale 345-kV cross-linked polyethylene (XLPE) project in the United States, and one of the longest successfully energized 345-kV XLPE systems in the country.
As the North American representative to the CIGRE cable group dedicated to establishing cable testing and commissioning standards and active members of International Codes Council (ICC) working groups, we’re not just familiar with the latest standards — we’re working to establish them. Our engineers are at the forefront of the industry and bring that unique experience and perspective directly to you.
Tehachapi Renewable Transmission Project
Power to the People
T&D How™ Videos
You May Also Like:
- Three CIP Modifications from the NERC Standard Drafting Team 2016-02
- The Case for Stronger Grid Interconnections in Canada
- Power in the Eye of the Storm
- Crowdsourcing the Next Generation Utility
- Identifying the Megatrends Shaping the T&D Industry
- Applying Totex to Electric and Gas Transmission and Distribution Assets
- Calm After the Storm
- Construction Challenges of 345-kV Underground
- Fortnightly Magazine: Regarding Big Transmission
- Engineering News-Record: Hurricane-Hit Islands Look to Jump to Modern Power Grids
- T&D World: SCE Puts 500-kV Underground
- Public Utilities Fortnightly: Energy People - Ken Gerling
- T&D Division Takes Top Spot in ENR Rankings
- T&D World: Burns & McDonnell Wins Management Role for PSE&G Transmission Upgrade Projects
- Burns & McDonnell Awarded Program-Management Role for Two PSE&G Transmission Upgrade Projects
- T&D World: Billion-Dollar Project Puts Tools to the Test
Send Us a Note
Nathan Rochel Department Manager 816-822-3038