Bridges link us to one another and have the power to bind and transform communities throughout the country. We’ve provided these connections in big and small communities for more than a century.
We provide engineering, design and construction management services on new bridges and bridge replacement projects nationwide. We also provide bridge inspection services, assisting state and local transportation agencies with bridge condition assessment, load rating and posting analysis.
Our bridge engineers design to any department of transportation criteria using both AASHTO Load Factor Design (LFD) and Load and Resistance Factor Design (LRFD) methods. Our geotechnical and hydraulics teams will see that your project rests on solid footing.
Beyond the Basics of Bridge Design
Our in-house staff includes a broad range of specialties to successfully complete your project, including environmental permitting, planning, comprehensive design, right-of-way acquisition, construction management and public engagement.
Our bridge design, bridge inspection and construction management services include a variety of bridge types, from single- and multi-span to truss, lift span, floating and movable bridges, as well as accelerated bridge construction techniques. Our historical and modern experience combine to provide you with an understanding of the special design considerations unique to movable bridges.
We cover a wide range of related needs as well, such as pedestrian crossings, culverts, retaining walls, sound walls and tunnels. Our comprehensive in-house resources can help you with all aspects of your bridge project, including environmental assessments, public involvement programs and roadway design. And we can expedite all phases of design and construction to quickly execute emergency repairs or replacements due to high water flows or other catastrophic events.
We also understand how important aesthetics are in bridge design, so we focus on combining functionality with a structure that complements the surrounding environment. From the recreation of ornate elements on historic bridges to modern gateways, all of our bridges are designed to exceed expectations and remain within scope.
You May Also Like:
- EPC Is Accelerating Its Impact on the Transportation Industry
- California Explores the Essential Elements of Climate-Safe Infrastructure
- The Right Approach for a Lasting Impression
- Speeding Toward a Future With Self-Driving Cars
- Operating Without Interruption
- Raising Bridges With an Efficient EPC Approach
- Sustaining Opportunity, Growing Success
- The Evolution of the Daniel Boone Bridge
- SOS: Answering the Call When Disaster Strikes
- Voices of Experience
- Civil + Structural Engineer: 10-Dimensional: Mike DeBacker
- Kansas City Business Journal: Burns & McDonnell names new global transportation head
- Burns & McDonnell Names New Transportation Leader
- Two Burns & McDonnell Projects Recognized by Missouri ACEC Chapter
- Burns & McDonnell Wins Engineering Award for Bridge-Raising Project on Kansas Turnpike
- A Successful Approach: Union Station Westward Expansion Wins ACEC Award
- Precast/Prestressed Concrete Institute 2018 Design Awards: Transportation - Best Main Span Bridge
- Design-Build Transportation Work Drives Omaha Growth for Burns & McDonnell
- Kansas City Star: Big trucks won't get stuck under these Kansas Turnpike bridges
- Lifting Bridges Is Making Room for More Freight on the Kansas Turnpike
Send Us a Note
Kevin Eisenbeis Business Development Manager 816-276-1588