Railway owners and operators can minimize the regulatory and administrative challenges often encountered during the expansion, improvement or buildout of new freight and transit rail lines by working with a skilled design and construction team.
We offer in-depth knowledge of railroad design, permitting and construction issues, providing an array of services associated with mainline and industrial track, facilities, storage yards, terminals, bridges and structure projects.
Our team delivers turnkey services that include route selection, archaeological surveys, design-build and environmental remediation. We’ve helped route, permit and survey miles of new track, improved railroad safety with electronic data-based crossing surveys, and designed state-of the-art administration and maintenance facilities to boost efficiency.
Additionally, we can address the operational and capacity needs on projects ranging from short local connections to Class I rail systems that span multiple federal, state and local agencies.
You May Also Like:
- Civil + Structural Engineer: 10-Dimensional: Mike DeBacker
- Kansas City Business Journal: Burns & McDonnell names new global transportation head
- Burns & McDonnell Names New Transportation Leader
- Kansas City Business Journal: Burns & McDonnell takes home 3 Capstone real estate awards
- Kansas City Star: Burns & McDonnell to lead team studying northward extension for KC streetcar
- Kansas City Business Journal: Burns & McDonnell divides group to conquer infrastructure backlog
- Burns & McDonnell creates new Transportation and Water Infrastructure Divisions
Send Us a Note
Darwin Desen Section Manager 972-455-3116