While the oil and gas market may be volatile, the call for safe and environmentally sound transport is constant. The impact on the nation's pipeline infrastructure is dramatic. We partner with you to deliver pipeline design and construction projects big and small, whether a single crossing or a new pipeline.
Our pipeline services include pump station and compressor station design and construction, pipeline breakout storage, pipeline modeling, pipeline design, gathering systems, cathodic protection and leak detection. We leverage our full-service technical and environmental capabilities for pipeline initiatives, developed across diverse industries — oil and gas, biofuels, chemicals, petrochemicals, power, food and consumer products, pharmaceuticals, and agribusiness — to apply successful, creative solutions and best practices, improving your competitiveness and enhancing your profit margins.
Our team provides the full range of related services for every pipeline project, including site selection, access roads and bridges, rail connections, power generation, electrical transmission and substations, water supply, stormwater management, wastewater treatment, and environmental design, remediation and permitting.
EPC and Program Management for Pipeline Projects
Whether your preferred approach is engineer-procure-construct (EPC) project delivery or other construction management methods, our teams has the flexibility and adaptability to meet your needs. We can help you reap the benefits of EPC or design-build projects, including shorter schedules, reduced owner risk, greater cost controls, a single point of responsibility, increased cooperation, and enhanced design and construction innovation.
Our program management experience includes contracts covering more than $14 billion in linear projects since 2008. Our services include project controls, procurement, compliance monitoring, integrity management, safety operations and construction management.
Our outstanding safety record and strong bonding capacity allow us to tackle multiple projects simultaneously. Our extensive vendor and subcontractor networks, coupled with our engineering, procurement and construction personnel, deliver the quality you've come to expect from our teams.
Services for the Comprehensive Pipeline Program
We can address all pipeline needs, including:
- Storage facilities. We have experience ranging from early design through complete EPC and commissioning of facilities for crude oil, refined products, liquefied petroleum gas (LPG), and marine storage and distribution. We complete planning, design, procurement, construction, commissioning and startup for all types of fuel terminals. We work on all aspects of these facilities, including receiving, storage, blending, booster stations, and rail and truck loading/unloading.
- Routing. Our skilled professionals take your routing project from inception to completion, guiding you through the maze of regulatory issues, public opinion and changing technology. We bring extensive local and national experience to routing projects, having completed more than 600 major environmental studies throughout the United States and in foreign countries. Our projects have crossed all types of environments, from mountains to plains to deserts, encompassing all levels of complexity.
- Rights-of-way/land acquisition. The evolution of massive linear projects means you face expedited schedules, stringent siting requirements, better-informed landowners and increasingly organized opposition. Land acquisition and right-of-way management are no longer stand-alone functions. Our integrated approach handles all project stakeholder and real estate activities. Our project experience ranges from the small to a program of more than $4 billion. We use a customized approach focused on your priorities, integrating technical tools that efficiently manage the massive data collected along the route.
- Transmission pipelines. Your focus is on safe and reliable delivery of hydrocarbon products. We help you find the optimal way to get them there. Our teams deliver detailed design and construction for transmission pipelines, reroutes and laterals, as well as offer preliminary design and construction cost estimating to support route selection and stage-gate processes such as front-end loading (FEL) and front-end engineering design (FEED). Our team also performs booster station upgrades, pipeline reversals, and support for pipeline enhancement programs such as hydrostatic strength tests, pipe replacements and valve upgrades.
- Gathering systems. Our teams are a single source for permitting and design of gathering lines, well pads and support facilities. Our professionals provide support for pre- and post-drilling water well surveys, water use and water management, gas migration studies, and stray gas mitigation. We provide emergency spill-response management and have mitigated drilling fluid releases, drilling wastewater pipeline releases and other spills. We also assist with air permitting, greenhouse gas inventories and reporting. Our Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasure (SPCC) plans and Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPPs) are formatted for your specific needs.
You May Also Like:
Cybersecurity Directives Require Quick Action by Electric/Gas Utilities
Q&A: Roger Wright Shares Insights on the Right-of-Way Easement Process
Chad Hotovec Named as CEO and Director of Burns & McDonnell India
Pipeline & Gas Journal: Burns & McDonnell's Glaeser Looks to Pipeline Integrity Future
Send Us a Note
Caitlin Geisinger Business Development Manager 832-397-5071