While the oil and gas market may be volatile, the call for safe and environmentally sound transport is constant. The impact on the nation's pipeline infrastructure is dramatic. We partner with you to deliver pipeline design and construction projects big and small, whether a single crossing or a new pipeline. Whether your preferred approach is engineer-procure-construct (EPC) project delivery or other construction management methods, our teams can flex to meet your needs. We can help you reap the benefits of EPC or design-build projects, including shorter schedules, reduced owner risk, greater cost controls, a single point of responsibility, increased cooperation and enhanced design and construction innovation.
Our program management experience includes serving as program manager for more than $14 billion in linear projects since 2008. Our services include project controls, procurement, compliance monitoring, integrity management, safety operations and construction management.
Our outstanding safety record and strong bonding capacity allows us to tackle multiple projects simultaneously. Our extensive vendor and subcontractor network, coupled with our engineering, procurement and construction personnel, delivers the quality you've come to expect from our teams.
Services for the Comprehensive Pipeline Program
- Routing: Our skilled professionals take your routing project from inception to completion, guiding you through the maze of regulatory issues, public opinion and changing technology. We bring extensive local and national experience to routing projects, having completed more than 600 major environmental studies throughout the United States and in foreign countries. Our projects have crossed all types of environments, from mountains to plains to deserts, encompassing all levels of complexity.
- Right of way/land acquisition: The evolution of massive linear projects means you face expedited schedules, stringent siting requirements, better-informed landowners and increasingly organized opposition. Land acquisition and right-of-way management are no longer standalone functions. Our integrated approach handles all project stakeholder and real estate activities. Our project experience ranges from the small to a $4.1 billion program. We use a customized approach focused on your priorities, integrating technical tools that efficiently manage the massive data collected along the route.
- Transmission pipelines: Your focus is on safe and reliable delivery of hydrocarbon products. We help you find the optimal way to get it there. Our teams deliver detailed design and construction for transmission pipelines, reroutes and laterals, as well as offer preliminary design and construction cost estimating to support route selection and stage-gate processes such as front-end loading (FEL) and front-end engineering design (FEED) projects. Our team also performs booster station upgrades, pipeline reversals, and support for pipeline enhancement programs such as hydrostatic strength tests, pipe replacement and valve upgrades.
- Gathering systems: Our teams are a single source for permitting and design of gathering lines, well pads and support facilities. Our professionals provide support for pre- and post-drilling water well surveys, water use and water management, gas migration studies, and stray gas mitigation. We provide emergency spill-response management and have mitigated releases of drilling fluids, drilling wastewater pipeline releases and other spills. We also assist with air permitting, greenhouse gas inventories and reporting. Our Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasure (SPCC) plans and Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPPs) are formatted for your specific needs.
You May Also Like:
- Utica Pipeline Buildout
- VEX Pipeline Improvements Program
- 16" Gas Pipeline with Meter & Regulator Station
- 16" LPG Pipeline
- 16" Natural Gas Pipeline
- 18" Natural Gas Pipeline River Crossing
- 20" Gas Pipeline and Compressor Station
- 20" Natural Gas Pipeline
- 24" Natural Gas Pipeline
- 24" Natural Gas Pipeline & Compressor Station
- Protecting Electrical Systems Critical to Midstream Operations
- Optimizing Pipeline Depth With Wheel Loading Analysis
- Considerations Before Choosing to Replace in Kind
- How to Nail Public Outreach for Your Gas Infrastructure Replacement Projects
- Three Steps to Tackle Urban Infrastructure Project Complexity
- Navigating Urban Infrastructure Project Constraints
- Plan Ahead to Protect: Eliminating Arc Flash Hazards Through Higher-Order Controls
- Mitigating the Impact of Pipeline Projects on Interior Forest Habitats
- 5 Tips to Manage Cost and Schedule on Gas Main Replacement Programs
- The Rise of Natural Gas
- Pipeline & Gas Journal: Burns & McDonnell Expands Vancouver Office
- Engineering News-Record: Future Prospects Look Bright For Region's Designers
- Randy Schmidt Named as New Leader of the Burns & McDonnell Oil and Gas Terminals and Pipelines Group
- Pipeline & Gas Journal: Burns & McDonnell Makes Leadership Change
- Oil & Gas Journal: Schmidt to lead Burns & McDonnell's terminals, pipelines group
- Burns & McDonnell Grows Environmental Studies & Permitting Team
- Construction Today: Victory of the Drones
- Burns & McDonnell Expands Leadership Team for Oil and Gas Infrastructure Project Development
- Denys Stavnychyi Joins Burns & McDonnell as Pipeline Project Manager in Houston
- Kansas City Star: Burns & McDonnell is expanding its energy terminal and pipeline business
Send Us a Note
Randy Schmidt Terminals & Pipelines Director 832-214-2801