- Design-Build for Water & Wastewater Infrastructure
- Green Infrastructure
- Industrial Water & Wastewater
- Master Planning for Water & Wastewater Utilities
- Municipal Water & Wastewater
- Smart Infrastructure
- Wastewater & Stormwater Collection
- Water & Wastewater Program Management
- Water Supply & Distribution
- Alternative Delivery for Transportation
- Ports & Maritime
- Trails & Pathways
- Transportation Planning & Policy
- Federal & Military
- Agencies & Military Branches
- Energy Resiliency
- Environmental Services for Military Facilities
- Foreign Military Sales
- Military Fueling
- Military Master Planning
- Smart Governance
- Air Quality & Noise
- Environmental Engineering
- Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Compliance
- Environmental Studies & Permitting
- Mitigation Banking
- Natural & Cultural Resources
- Solid Waste & Resource Recovery
- Stakeholder Management
- Electric Power Generation
- Distributed Energy Resources
- Environmental Compliance for Power Generation
- Fossil Generation
- Plant Improvements
- Power Generation Project Delivery
- Electrical Transmission & Distribution
- Electrical Distribution
- Electrical Transmission
- Electric Utility Cybersecurity
- Grid Modernization
- Routing, Siting & Permitting
- Smart Energy
- Aviation Infrastructure
- Aviation Support Facilities
- Aviation Technology & Security Systems
- Fueling & Ramp Services
- General Aviation
- Passenger Terminals
- Smart Airports
- Building Solutions
- Commercial Buildings
- Manufacturing & Industrial Facilities
- Mission-Critical Buildings
- Chemicals, Oil & Gas
The complexities of new nuclear plants and major refurbishments require specialized understanding and experience. We understand the challenges and opportunities, and we have the strength and experience to provide solutions and support services.
From conceptual design and detailed design engineering to schedule management, risk management, and budget and cost analysis, our team has the in-plant experience to help you determine the path forward.
Small Modular Reactors (SMRs)
The future of nuclear power will include small modular reactors (SMRs), a key part of U.S. policy for safe, clean and affordable nuclear power development. Their smaller footprint and reduced capital investment provide advantages over large nuclear units.
Our team has integrated experience to help you meet clean energy and decarbonization goals. We can design and implement new nuclear technologies and conquer nuclear project challenges. SMRs provide increased flexibility in size, technology and deployment.
We have the capability and capacity to seamlessly take your SMR project from design to construction and operation. Our experience has included containment vessel base support frame, containment vessel skirt support, core make-up tank support structure, and integrated reactor vessel support structure, as well as estimates of completion cost and project schedule assessments.
Capable of being incorporated into power hybrid energy systems, advanced reactors can support government and corporate pursuit of carbon-free energy. Our team can provide advanced reactor design and other support services, such as detailed analyses for civil and structural requirements and soil-structure interaction, mechanical, electrical, and instrument and controls design.
We provide detailed engineering solutions, complex analyses, planning, scheduling, budget and cost analyses and constructability reviews. We work with your team to meet budgetary or schedule constraints for a successful project outcome. We provide program management and project controls support to manage scope, schedules and budgets for the entire project.
Additionally, our services can help you meet any licensing requirements for starting projects and keeping facilities running smoothly and efficiently. Flexible design and construction processes enable implementation of advanced reactors with clear attention to detail and a focus on the latest regulations throughout every phase of the project.
Our experience also includes working with light water reactors (LWRs) and high-temperature gas-cooled reactors (HTGRs), commonly called pebble bed reactors. We have worked with developers and owners for SMRs and advanced reactors for design, contracting, licensing, estimating, scheduling, procurement and construction support.