Electrical Transmission & Distribution
Energy seeks movement. Drawing lots of electrons from a wide variety of generators requires a network of reliable, resilient transmission lines — essential to power our lives. Our professionals bring the experience, skills and vision you need to make your connections successful. Our projects run from capacities of 69 kV to 765 kV, ranging from specific connections spanning communities to major programs that cross regions.
We work with you as a partner. Whether we’re considering design options or commissioning finished projects — or anywhere in between — we work to build trust to see that you, your customers and communities get safe, reliable, affordable and sustainable power delivery.
Our AC and DC projects can stretch for hundreds of miles at a time, with sections running overhead, underground or undersea to meet your needs. We work with stakeholders to find appropriate routes. We manage acquisition of easements and rights-of-way. We track and conduct stakeholder involvement. We conduct studies, secure permits, procure materials, manage construction and otherwise handle all aspects of your project. Our services cover civil design, geotechnical evaluations, cable systems, thermal ratings, project development and more. We can be your partner for design-build/engineer-procure-construct (EPC) project delivery or work as program manager to achieve your project goals.
Throughout design our engineers and scientists focus on countless details — structure loads, conductor/cable ampacity, audible noise, sag and tension — to build efficient, reliable system strength. Using our proprietary OneTouchPM application, we track your project’s progress and deliverables to keep you and your stakeholders informed throughout the job.
You May Also Like:
- Grid Modernization: Strong, Smart, Sustainable
- Surging Ahead With Fluid Delivery
- Hold On to Your Hats
- Avian-Friendly Approaches to Power Lines
- Protecting Wildlife With a Habitat Conservation Plan
- Interconnection Considerations for Solar Project Site Selection
- Assessing the Effectiveness of FERC Order 1000
- Navigating Urban Infrastructure Project Constraints
- Changing Frequencies
- New U.K. Price Controls Drive New Capital Programme Delivery
- T&D World: Location, Location, Location: Does It Still Hold in Electric Transmission?
- UtilityWeek: Communications are key for the future network
- Network: Burns & McDonnell registered as ICP
- Current: RIIO-T2 and the need to drive new capital programme delivery
- Burns & McDonnell Expands in Pacific Northwest, Plans to Create New Jobs
- Engineering News-Record: Energy Sector Expects 2019 Growth in Renewable and Natural Gas Projects
Send Us a Note
Chris Norquist Transmission Projects Director 816-822-3266