Mining operations in the U.S. face a changing environmental landscape and evolving regulatory expectations. You need a partner with the capabilities and understanding to move your operation forward.
We provide comprehensive, in-house services from our locations across the U.S. to meet your needs.
- Engineering: Our multidisciplinary staff is integrated so that our focus is on identifying cost-effective solutions and innovative approaches for your operation.
- Engineer-procure-construct (EPC) project delivery: Benefits include a single point of contact, reduced owner risk, shortened project schedule and support of construction innovation. Ideal for fast-track projects, EPC also allows us to leverage our long-term relationships with vendors and contractors in support of your project.
- Environmental remediation and studies: We offer complete geologic and hydrogeologic services for mining and reclamation projects. We collaborate on large teams to develop comprehensive environmental assessments and impact statements under the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), in addition to auditing and compliance services.
- Facility and infrastructure: The backbone of your operation is crucial to your productivity. Its layout and components affect the surrounding communities and environment. We help you thoughtfully and effectively design, implement and maintain infrastructure with comprehensive engineering and architectural services.
- Laser scanning and aerial imaging: We offer streamlined processes for mine laser scanning and lidar imaging for development of precise existing condition models to be used for engineering, visualization and data referencing. Our UAS services are a cost-effective route to capturing data to mitigate safety risks associated with mine inspections. Data collected from high-resolution video supports creation of a single, sitewide imagery mosaic, 3D model or video.
- Materials handling and conveyance: These critical mining systems can put your operation at risk if they underperform or go down. We have experience mitigating your risks, developing designs, operations and maintenance plans to keep them functional.
- Permitting and feasibility studies: Our experience with federal and state regulations allows us to provide timely and accurate permitting support for the mining and mineral processing industries.
- Power generation and delivery: Because energy accounts for as much as half of a mine’s operating costs, we help you maintain optimum power at your site through custom packages like reciprocating engines, new substations or retrofitting your power systems. We also provide specialized services such as equipment upgrades, protective relays and controls, and electrical system studies.
- Water supply and treatment: We have specialized engineers proficient in providing hydrogeologic services for dewatering systems in underground and surface mines and foundation excavations. Our dewatering well design and construction experience includes deep high capacity wells, shallow well points, horizontal wells and completion testing. We also plan and design management systems and mine drainage treatment to address effects on ground and surface water.
Recognize the Value of Your Site When Implementing Solar
Improving Mining Project Execution Through EPC
You May Also Like:
Achieving Redundancy of Power Supply for Critical Mining Assets
Managing Mine Water Challenges and Evolving Site Conditions
Burns & McDonnell Expands Mining Team With Two Strategic Hires
Engineering and Mining Journal: Power Play
Send Us a Note
Jonathan Grantham Business Development Manager 623-748-0452