The experience and dedication of our procurement professionals gives your design-build project an advantage. Thorough integration of procurement activities in the overall program management, design and construction processes allow for seamless delivery of engineering equipment and materials at the specified time.
Our team has executed projects across the spectrum of size and complexity, providing owners like you with the best opportunity for success. Our relationships with suppliers, subcontractors and service providers and our reputation in the industry allow us to offer the best overall procurement solution.
Procurement activities generally include supplier qualification, preparation and issuance of bid documents, tabulation and evaluation of proposals, negotiations, development of purchase recommendations, issuance and administration of purchase orders (through close-out), material and design submittal, expediting, and source inspection. The key to the procurement effort is proactive planning with a focus on long lead or critical items.
Desired material delivery dates are achieved by a well-planned expediting process. Expediting activities are planned for each project before orders are placed. The activities are designed to detect and resolve potential problems at the earliest possible stage.
Supplier Qualification and Quality Assurance
We require suppliers and contractors in our database to possess effective programs for quality assurance and quality control. We verify the effectiveness of these programs by reviewing written documents and/or auditing the program before or during the procurement phase.
You May Also Like:
- Establishing a Persuasive Procurement Process
- Collaborative Contracting Approach Brings Cost and Schedule Efficiency
- Packaging Wrapped in Tech
- Finish Strong: Avoiding Cost and Schedule Overruns in Late-Stage Construction
- Optimizing Construction With the Right Mix of Technology and Planning
- The Safety Advantage of Advanced Work Packages
- Moving Toward a Data-Centric Workflow in the Construction Industry
- Break Projects Into Defined Work Packages for Construction Efficiencies
- Potential Risks and Unintended Consequences of the AWP Trend
- Finding Solutions to the Skilled Labor Shortage
- Bill Quatman, of Burns & McDonnell, Receives Design-Build Industry’s Highest Honor
- Civil + Structural Engineer: Design-Build
- Engineering News-Record: New Trends in Project Delivery
- Construction Dive: The Dotted Line - How design-build can create a 'symphony' of collaboration
- Electrical Construction & Maintenance: Solving the Skilled Labor Shortage
- New Leadership Named for Construction/Design-Build, Environmental Groups
- Kansas City Business Journal: Burns & McDonnell makes two more changes at top
- Burns & McDonnell Offers New Sustainable Design-Build Services
- Supply Chain World: Leading by Example
- Engineering News-Record: The Top 100 Construction Management-for-Fee/PM Firms
Send Us a Note
Randy Griffin President 816-822-3308