- Design-Build for Water & Wastewater Infrastructure
- Green Infrastructure
- Industrial Water & Wastewater
- Master Planning for Water & Wastewater Utilities
- Municipal Water & Wastewater
- Smart Infrastructure
- Wastewater & Stormwater Collection
- Water & Wastewater Program Management
- Water Supply & Distribution
- Alternative Delivery for Transportation
- Ports & Maritime
- Trails & Pathways
- Transportation Planning & Policy
- Federal & Military
- Agencies & Military Branches
- Energy Resiliency
- Environmental Services for Military Facilities
- Foreign Military Sales
- Military Fueling
- Military Master Planning
- Smart Governance
- Air Quality & Noise
- Environmental Engineering
- Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Compliance
- Environmental Studies & Permitting
- Mitigation Banking
- Natural & Cultural Resources
- Solid Waste & Resource Recovery
- Stakeholder Management
- Electric Power Generation
- Distributed Energy Resources
- Environmental Compliance for Power Generation
- Fossil Generation
- Plant Improvements
- Power Generation Project Delivery
- Electrical Transmission & Distribution
- Electrical Distribution
- Electrical Transmission
- Electric Utility Cybersecurity
- Grid Modernization
- Routing, Siting & Permitting
- Smart Energy
- Aviation Infrastructure
- Aviation Support Facilities
- Aviation Technology & Security Systems
- Fueling & Ramp Services
- General Aviation
- Passenger Terminals
- Smart Airports
- Building Solutions
- Commercial Buildings
- Manufacturing & Industrial Facilities
- Mission-Critical Buildings
- Chemicals, Oil & Gas
As railroad companies and the industries they serve grow and expand their markets, supporting infrastructure must also evolve. Rail systems are the backbone of economic prosperity, and freight rail infrastructure must operate safely and efficiently to keep business growing.
Our global network of employee-owners delivers freight rail and connected services that meet the rail industry’s diverse environmental, industrial, bridge, port, technology, and facility design and construction needs.
Our teams will work as an extension of your staff to provide successful project outcomes for a wide range of industries, including aerospace, renewables, distribution, food and consumer products, industrial, manufacturing and utilities.
Rail-Centric Site Selection and Preparation
The selection of a rail site is based on critical operations and location criteria. We help determine key drivers based on experience across industrial verticals, whether you’re looking at greenfield sites or assessing existing facilities.
We consider a broad range of economic factors, as well as environmental and geographic inputs, and prioritize options based on your criteria. We provide comparative data to thoroughly vet shortlisted sites, and we leverage deep understanding of identified deficiencies to influence negotiations and acquisitions.
Once you have targeted a site, we help you address potential development challenges related to utility service, environmental requirements, adjacent infrastructure or subsurface materials. Through a thorough due diligence feasibility study, we detail the cost and schedule impacts for your project. Our goal is to help you reduce surprises, envision future phases and prepare the site for construction.
Comprehensive Environmental Experience
In a rapidly evolving regulatory environment, our environmental professionals work with you to address details from permitting to closure. We bring experienced engineers, geologists, scientists and specialists to assist with each project phase, from initial planning through operations, remediation, decommissioning, demolition, site closure and redevelopment. Our work can include:
- Archaeological assessments
- Contaminant evaluation
- Due diligence
- Environmental health and safety programs
- Geological modeling
- Permitting and studies
- Regulatory compliance
Project Delivery to Fit Your Project
Our team is focused on completing freight rail projects on time and within budget. We work with you to determine a path suited to your needs, utilizing a variety of project delivery methods. We can move projects faster and provide turnkey benefits through engineer-procure-construct (EPC) or design-build delivery. You can use a more traditional design-bid-build or program management approach to maintain your focus on your core business while we handle the project details. We also provide construction management and owner’s engineer services.
Reliable Infrastructure Design
Your job is to deliver safe and effective freight rail transportation. Ours is to provide you with reliable infrastructure to facilitate seamless movement of that freight.
Our team helps deliver a wide variety of industrial facilities, from renewable energy and transload facilities to rail-served warehouses, cold storage, industrial parks and ports.
Our services include assessing and improving buildings, parking lots, fueling operations, repair facilities and rail bridges, from fixed single-span and multi-span structures to complex long-span trusses and movable bridges. We can also help address drainage and full-service civil needs.