The refining industry is challenged by ever-changing markets, demand fluctuations and restrictive regulations. You are focused on solutions that create opportunities — opportunities to make money, reduce project costs, achieve schedule advantages. Our refining teams deliver predictable project results that solve industry challenges and support your business success.
Our project teams are client-focused, bringing our employee-ownership perspective to your projects, looking for process engineering and construction solutions that emphasize your priorities: uncompromising safety, cost-consciousness decision-making, predictable project execution.
Safety First in Refining Projects — and Beyond
It’s our culture. Every project begins with a safety plan. This uncompromising safety leadership is how we consistently achieve a safety performance that places us in the top quartile of CII member companies from year to year. It’s the reason our clients come back again and again.
Process Design and EPC Solutions
Our high-performance refining teams don’t provide textbook solutions. They solve problems with creative ideas that save you money. Open-book, guaranteed maximum-price contracts, with cost underruns returned to you, are a part of our typical project execution.
Our disciplined front-end work helps set up your project for success. Our multi-subcontractor construction approach provides competitive pricing with high productivity — leading to reduced labor costs and on-schedule completion. Our experienced estimators, engineers, procurement professionals and construction managers provide engineer-procure-construct (EPC) services that deliver predictable results.
Vacuum Improvements Project
Play It Safe On-Site
Case Study: Powerful Partnership Brings Liquefied Petroleum to the World
You May Also Like:
- Breaking Through: Finding Answers to Labor Shortage
- Finish Strong: Avoiding Cost and Schedule Overruns in Late-Stage Construction
- Aligning Communication Between Multiple Parties on Complex Projects
- Piecing Together the Modularization Advantage
- Avoiding the Dreaded Shutdown: Balancing Safety, Reliability and Cost
- Biological Treatment Plays an Important Role in Reducing Selenium to Safe Levels
- Creating Predictability on Pipeline and Terminal Projects Through a Unified, Integrated Approach
- The Acceleration of Alkylation: The New Wave of Alkylation Activity in the U.S.
- Risk and Technology Review: Understanding the Refinery RTR Regulation
- Water and Wastewater Reuse: More Water Restrictions Meet More Options
- Burns & McDonnell Ranks No. 1 Among Top Design Firms in Colorado and Wyoming
- Industrial WaterWorld: Secondary Effluent Reuse - A Win-Win Proposition for Refiners and Municipali...
- Milenio: Licitación restringida para refinería en Dos Bocas fue prudente: Burns & McDonnell
- Engineering News-Record: Shale Gas Fuels U.S. Chemical Plant Construction
- Burns & McDonnell Builds Strength with Regional Manager for Design-Build
- Engineering News-Record: Future Prospects Look Bright For Region's Designers
- Structure Magazine: NGL Fractionation Plant on the Fast Track
- Kansas City Business Journal: Burns & McDonnell will work on $1B gas export terminal
- Supply Chain World: Leading by Example
- Kansas City Star: Area's largest engineering firms see increases in sales, more work ahead
Send Us a Note
Dave Nispel Business Development Manager 816-822-3421